UNCONVENTIONAL CONSULTING — AND BREAKTHROUGH RESULTS
case cart accuracy
within 30 days
backlog in the
reduction in average
number of age cart supply
selection errors per day
- With fewer case cart supply errors, clinicians can spend more time focused on their patients.
- Leadership can capture performance measurements and provide clear career path progression for staff.
- Clinicians and supply chain staff feel more empowered by the new processes.
As a leading regional healthcare provider began implementation of its long-term performance strategy, it realized there was an opportunity to leverage additional support to optimize care delivery and operations.
Eagle Hill helped the provider roll out two efforts system-wide: a new care delivery model (NCDM) and the transformation of its perioperative (periop) supply chain.
Goal: To improve employee engagement and provide the best patient experience
OUR STARTING POINT
Growing pains noted by the Performance Improvement (PI) team were the catalyst for bringing Eagle Hill onboard:
THE ROADMAP TO SUCCESS
- For the NCDM, we held “Train the Trainer” sessions to equip unit leaders with best practices from early pilot implementations.
- In support of these sessions, our team reviewed participant evaluation scores and feedback to inform subsequent sessions.
- Turning our focus to the periop supply chain transformation, we interviewed hospital staff and conducted on-site observations to gain a full understanding of the periop process.
- Armed with our new knowledge, we rolled out a staff reorganization that aligned roles and responsibilities to distinct job descriptions consistent across all periop departments.
- We facilitated town halls to assist in the rollout, allowing affected staff to ask questions and receive training on new responsibilities.