What it's like to be a member of the Eagle Hill team
Current Career Opportunities
Our team members are a lot more to us than just a number or a utilization rate. We get to know you as an individual, with individual strengths, interests, and career goals. It’s the reason so many of our employees look forward to coming to work every day, and the reason the Washington Business Journal named us one of its Best Places to Work in 2016.
If you want to join the family, take a look at our list of current open positions and see what’s best suited to you.
We have four career levels with defined specific capabilities for each. Rather than time required at a certain level, employees are promoted when they’ve demonstrated their ability to consistently perform well at their current level, and have begun to demonstrate capability at the next level.
Associates have a minimum of 3 years of work experience, with consulting experience preferred.
Managers have a minimum of 5 years of work experience, with at least 2 years in management consulting.
Directors have at least 10 years of relevant experience and are able to lead efforts across Eagle Hill's core service lines and industries.
Senior Directors have a proven track record building and running a consulting business across Eagle Hill's core service lines and client industries.
Topgrading: A high-performance Approach to recruiting
Eagle Hill follows the intensive Topgrading approach to hiring, a process that’s uniquely thorough and robust from start to finish. With Topgrading, only about 20 percent of the resumes we receive are selected for further review.
How Topgrading Works
- As a candidate, you’ll undergo competency interviews and a chronological Topgrading interview where we ask about your entire career, including your successes, mistakes, key decisions, and key relationships
- Finalists are asked to arrange personal reference calls with former managers
The benefits of Topgrading
- Selective hiring helps us continue to be a community of high performers—even as we grow
- Our high-performing team contributes to company growth, creating exceptionally good career opportunities
- 90 percent of people who join the company are happy on the job a year later, and are rated high performers
- The Topgrading approach includes continued post-hire support—you’ll receive comprehensive coaching to help you assimilate smoothly, perform well quickly, and begin formulating your Individual Development Plan
Source: Smart Ph.D. Bradford D. (2012-08-16). Topgrading, 3rd Edition: The Proven Hiring and Promoting Method That Turbocharges Company Performance (p. 93). Portfolio Hardcover: Kindle Edition.
We offer competitive compensation and benefits, including generous vacation and holidays, 401(k), short- and long-term disability, life insurance, maternity/paternity leave, and a medical insurance package that covers health, dental, and vision.
What’s more, you’ll be joining a community of high performers selected through the rigorous Topgrading hiring process.