What it's like to be a member of the Eagle Hill team
Current Career Opportunities
At Eagle Hill, you’re not just a number. We get to know you as an individual, with individual strengths, interests and career goals. It’s the reason so many of our employees look forward to coming to work every day – and the reason we’re recognized as a best place to work by the Washington Post, the Washington Business Journal and Washingtonian Magazine.
If you want to join the family, check out our current openings.
Topgrading: A high-performance Approach to recruiting
Eagle Hill follows the intensive Topgrading approach to hiring, a process that’s uniquely thorough and robust from start to finish. With Topgrading, only about 20 percent of the resumes we receive are selected for further review.
How Topgrading Works
- As a candidate, you’ll undergo competency interviews and a chronological Topgrading interview where we ask about your entire career, including your successes, mistakes, key decisions, and key relationships
- Finalists are asked to arrange personal reference calls with former managers
The benefits of Topgrading
- Selective hiring helps us continue to be a community of high performers—even as we grow
- Our high-performing team contributes to company growth, creating exceptionally good career opportunities
- 90 percent of people who join the company are happy on the job a year later, and are rated high performers
- The Topgrading approach includes continued post-hire support—you’ll receive comprehensive coaching to help you assimilate smoothly, perform well quickly, and begin formulating your Individual Development Plan
Source: Smart Ph.D. Bradford D. (2012-08-16). Topgrading, 3rd Edition: The Proven Hiring and Promoting Method That Turbocharges Company Performance (p. 93). Portfolio Hardcover: Kindle Edition.
Eagle Hill’s smaller size provides our people with exceptional opportunities to accelerate their careers through skills development, access to the highest levels of leadership, and opportunities to take on increasing levels of responsibilities earlier in their careers. We support our people through competitive compensation and benefits, including 100 percent paid health insurance premiums for employees and their families, as well as generous vacation and holidays, 401(k), short- and long-term disability, life insurance, and maternity/paternity leave.